Posted by JR on September 16, 2011 at 20:43:49:
After a week of "celebration" of the ten year anniversary of 911, it seems like somebody should be writing a book about the repercussions.
Here are some stats (so far).
- 1.25 million American troops put in harms way in the two (ongoing) wars.
- 28,000 coalition forces killed in the two wars (including 6,000 American troops and "at least" 2,400 contractors).
- 90,000 Americans wounded.
- 500,000 American soldiers have filed medical claims as a direct result of their service in the two wars.
- "At least" 200,000 innocent citizens killed
Estimated cost to the US taxpayer: 3.2 trillion
Post a Followup